Dec 13, 2014
Creamy Lemon Asparagus Soup + Virtual Vegan Potluck!
Greetings fellow foodies and food bloggers! Today is a special day in the vegan blogosphere… why? It’s the 2014 Virtual Vegan Potluck! The Potluck is simply a good, old-fashioned blog circle, meaning that one blog links to the one before it and the one after it and so on – to create a chain of sorts – where all of the participating blogs are connected. Since it’s a potluck theme, the blogs go in order of the courses, starting with appetizers and ending with perhaps the most important course of all, desserts.
We’re all connected, so keep on clicking to get through all of the amazing recipes in the potluck! See the links below to get to the other recipes…
This soup is yummo-fab! If you love asparagus and creamy lemony things, then this one should float your tastebuds boat.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 2 TBS Spike salt-free seasoning
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened, plant-based milk
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 4 pitted dates
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Simmer asparagus, seasonings, lemon juice/zest and water in a soup pot until asparagus is tender. Don’t overcook! You want to keep that bright green color.
- Blend the soup mixture in a high-powered blender with the milk, cashews, and dates until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Serves 2. Enjoy!