Dec 17, 2014
The Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Frosting!
Holy cupcakes, Batman!
It’s whole food.
It’s fluffy, creamy, decadent, spreadable, pipe-able … chocolate FROSTING!!!
Get back. Get out. I can’t stand it. FINNNALLLYYYY!!!!!! I’ve been living without cupcakes for way too long. Cupcakes, you say? Watch for some coming to an inbox near you soon… you have subscribed to my email updates, haven’t you? I think I’m in time for some holiday baking with this magical stuff…
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed.
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup pitted medjool dates
- ¼ cup non-alkalized cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed (it’s thick).
- Refrigerate until cold (it must be as cold as possible to pipe).
- Spread, pipe, slather or, heck, just go hide somewhere and eat it with a spoon.
Makes about 2 cups. Enjoy!