Mar 14, 2015
Spinach Artichoke Dip ~ Vegan and Oil-free!
If you are a lover of all things spinach and artichoke then this recipe is for you! It’s creamy and luscious. To go the extra mile and make it ultra delicious, I added some of my homemade cashew cream cheese to the mix. SWOON!
- 1 pound chopped spinach (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 21-oz. bag frozen artichoke hearts*
- 1 chopped poblano pepper (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup cashew cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped jicama (optional)
- 1 TBS yellow mustard (or mustard of your choice)
- 1 TBS prepared or freshly ground horseradish
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 TBS mellow white miso
- 1-2 cloves garlic
* NOTE: I sometimes find it hard to find artichoke hearts that are not drowning in oil and salt. Look for them frozen in your grocery store. Bird’s Eye has one, as does Trader Joe’s, which is the one I used.
- If you’re using frozen spinach, after it’s thawed drain it well. I use a strainer and a large spoon to push out the excess water.
- Place the spinach and the artichokes in a food processor and pulse to combine. I like my artichokes a little chunky, so only a few pulses were needed. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Blend the cashews with the plant-based milk, garlic and miso until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients together. Stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.