Apr 23, 2015
Cinnamon Raisin Chia Pudding!
Well it’s another chia pudding recipe from yours truly. Who can resist cinnamon raisin anything? And eating chia seed, with its superior nutritional profile, is like having a high-end health insurance plan, only a LOT cheaper. This chia pudding is fantabulously tasty and, as all chia pudding recipes, a breeze to make! It reminds me so much of traditional rice pudding, only without the rice. Instead, every bite is a tasty reward of crunchy chia seeds. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s do this!
- 2½ cups unsweetened, plant-based milk
- ½ cup organic raisins
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes and stir again. Repeat this step a few more times, until the chia seeds are setting up and are evenly dispersed throughout the milk.
- Spoon into whatever serving vessels you are using.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover for freshness.