Sep 14, 2015
Chia Fig Pudding
Figs. Are. Sexy. Seriously. Don’t you just love biting into a fresh fig? There’s something so exotic about this fruit. I love the way they look, the way they smell, the way they squish and pop in my mouth. I ADORE them.
Without further ado…
- 1 cup quartered figs (stems removed)
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup (Optional! My figs were really sweet so I left it out, but it depends on how sweet you like your desserts)
- 2 cups unsweetened, plant-based milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Pulse the figs in a food processor with the maple (if using) until mashed but still chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix together with remaining ingredients.
- Stir occasionally until the chia seeds are evenly distributed and floating (about 15 minutes).
- Spoon into whatever serving vessels you’re using and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.