Sep 05, 2015
Plant-Based Roasted Cauliflower Soup
The first time I made this soup, I added roasted garlic. Don’t do it. The garlic completely took over the dish. It was like eating roasted garlic soup! The beautifully subtle flavor of the cauliflower was all but lost. All it needs is a hint of garlic, if that. I’m sure it would be delish without it, too.
This soup is soooooo creamy and light. Smooth and satisfying without weighing you down, it’s perfect for lunch with a fresh salad.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2½ cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBS raw cashew butter
- 1 TBS Spike salt-free seasoning
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Chop the cauliflower into 1-2″ pieces.
- Roast on a parchment lined baking sheet at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Place roasted cauliflower in a blender with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a pot and warm for another 10-15 minutes or so to let the flavors meld.
- Serve topped with some sautéed shallots and a sprinkle of smoked paprika if you like.