Jun 20, 2016
Raw Vegan Brownie Bites ~ Oil-free!
Raw. Vegan. Brownies. Need I say more?
I took these bad boys to a potluck. Not a vegan potluck mind you. A potluck which included mostly omnivores, though they were all interested in whole foods and each brought a yummy homemade dish. These raw treats were a real hit!
Okay, I said more. Now I’m done.
Raw Vegan Brownie Bites
Delectable chocolate bites, filled with nutritional goodness, that everyone will love!
Make sure your dates are soft and moist. If they are too hard, soak them for a couple of hours. Otherwise, they will be difficult to process.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tightly-packed, pitted medjool dates (see notes)
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- ¼ cup raw coconut nectar (or raw liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1 TBS ground flax + 3 TBS water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Combine the flax with the water and set aside while you gather the rest of your ingredients.
- Place all ingredients, except the nuts, cacao nibs and flax mixture into a food processor and pulse until combined. It will look like chocolate bread crumbs when it's done.
- Add the flax mixture and pulse some more. It will form into a sticky ball that holds together when pinched.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chopped walnuts and cacao nibs. I used my hands to mush it all together because the dough is quite stiff.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to form the bites. It works great! If you don't have one, simply shape them with your hands into about 1½" balls.
- Top with a little cocoa powder and some extra nibs.