Jul 06, 2016
VIDEO: What is Chaga? + Chai Chaga Smoothie!
I’ve been drinking chaga tea for about two months now and I’m just loving it. So I thought I’d share a little bit about this mystical, magical, medicinal mushroom… as well as a yummy-licious smoothie recipe!
I was able to find some good quality ground chaga for you online so I put it in my Amazon store here. UPDATE: Found another good source for chaga here.
As I mention in the video, there is still a need for clinical trials on chaga. But I did forget to mention one thing about this amazing shroom… it has an abundance of melanin, which is the pigment found in our skin and hair. Melanin also helps to shield the skin from harmful UV effects of the sun. Speaking of hair color, if I’m not hallucinating, I think that my hair is getting darker—grays be gone! I also find that the tea gives me a pleasant, consistent energy.
There is still a lot to learn about this mushroom and its health benefits and I’m excited for future research. I hope you’ll try it for yourself!
Chai Chaga Smoothie + how to brew your own chaga tea
A delicious smoothie with the wonders of chaga and the great taste of chai!
~ for the tea
- 1/3 cup ground chaga
- ½ gallon water
~ for the smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- 1-2 cups chaga tea (depending on your blender, use as much as you need for a nice, thick smoothie)
- To make the tea, simply place the ground tea into a slow cooker with the water and cook on low for 8-12 hours.
- For the smoothie, add all ingredients to a blender and blend to combine until smooth.