Dec 18, 2016
Gingerbread Pancakes ~ Vegan, Gluten-free and Oil-free!
Hey y’all! I just had to pop on here this morning and share this recipe with you because it is… SO. GOOD. And with Christmas around the corner, I thought you may want to try these out! They would be great for a holiday brunch. With a couple of tweaks to my basic, gluten-free pancake recipe, these gems were born. Yay!
I made a yummy cashew-based sauce to top them off but you can use whatever pancake toppings your heart desires. I hope you enjoy these as much as Mountain Man and I did!
Healthy trails and Happy Holidays from my kitchen to yours!
A delicious, vegan holiday breakfast... or dessert!
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 3 TBS tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1½ cups plant-based milk (I used soy milk)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 TBS blackstrap molasses
for the sweet cashew cream sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup pitted medjool dates (about 4)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the cream sauce simply blend all of the ingredients together in a high powered blender. If your blender isn't high powered, soak the cashews for about 4 hours first.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk well to combine.
- Drop by scant ¼ cupfuls onto a hot non-stick or lightly oiled skillet over medium heat.
- Flip when bubbles start to appear and edges are dry and cook until golden on the bottom.