Jan 12, 2019
Chocolate Tahini Cookies ~ Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free
Another cookie recipe! Yay!!! I’ve been wanting to make these for the longest time. I tried one batch that I wasn’t happy with so this was my second attempt and boy, are they good. Chocolate and tahini? You bet! Possibly better than peanut butter and jelly. They seem to really complement each other, resulting in a deep, rich, complex flavor. These gems are not too sweet, and so pillowy soft, it’s like eating a cloud. Heaven in every bite. 🙂
Tahini (sesame seeds) should be labeled a superfood in my humble opinion. Why? There’s tons of info out there about its health benefits. Here are just some:
- Rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- Good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
- One of the best sources of calcium out there.
- High in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- Helps to promote healthy cell growth.
- Prevents anemia.
- Can help balance hormones.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
- Can help to regulate blood pressure.
- Easy for to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content.
- High in healthy fats and amino acids.
Ideally a food processor should be used to combine the ingredients for these cookies, but I’m sure if you did it by hand, the result would still be fine. I do hope you will try these nutritious bundles of goodness!