Feb 27, 2019
Tomato Bisque VIDEO ~ plant-based and oil-free
Looking for an easy, creamy soup on a cool day. Here it is! The ultimate in comfort… tomato bisque. Click on the photo above to view the video.
Plant-based Tomato Bisque
A comforting tomato soup made plant-based!
- 2 packages 750g Pomi tomato (1 strained, 1 chopped)
- 1 cup cashew hemp milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 TBS Spike salt-free seasoning
- 2 tsp onion powder or granules
- 1 tsp garlic powder or granules
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or other minimally processed sweetener
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cooking sherry or white wine
- salt to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients except the cashew hemp milk and the cooking sherry to a soup pot.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the milk and the sherry and cook for about 5 minutes longer.
- Top with some extra cashew milk and a little fresh dill if you like.