Nov 28, 2020

Hitting the Pause Button

Dearest Readers,

I wanted to let you know that as of January 2021, Helyn’s Kitchen will no longer be online. So if you have any favorite recipes that you haven’t saved, now would be the time to do so!

2020 has been the most challenging year of my life, not only due to the Covid restrictions and all that has come with this pandemic, but personally, too. I’ve had excruciating physical challenges which led to an emotional and spiritual overhaul. As I’ve contemplated my role in life and on this earth, it’s become apparent that I need to make this change. My Dark Night of the Soul has come and gone and I am well! I hope you are, too. It’s time to move forward together, into the Light!

Sometime in the coming year, I will be launching a new website on a different platform. This will be called Nourishing Nirvana, and will include many whole-food, plant-based recipes from Helyn’s Kitchen (but not all!) and will be a broader scope of service, offering articles on health and nutrition as well as many insights into individual and collective consciousness and how it relates to our overall well being, especially as it involves food and the preparation of recipes. I will also be sharing information and videos about sound healing, meditation, Reiki and more. I hope that you will join me once we’re up and running. I do have your email address and will let you know once we’ve successfully launched so that you can subscribe if you’d like.

It’s been a wonderful eight years getting to know you and sharing my many recipes and life journeys! Thank you for all your comments, questions and support. Mountain Man and I wish you a holiday season filled with joy and love and a simply stellar year ahead.

Healthy trails!
Helyn (a.k.a. Harmony)

28 responses to “Hitting the Pause Button”

1. Sita says:

I’m sorry it has been a very challenging year for you Helyn, I hope 2021 is much better. Thanks for your recipes.

2. Nadege says:

The pandemic has brought a lot of soul searching for many. Living a simple life, staying in the present moment and being kind is the most important and attainable aim for me. The future will never happen the way I would like it to happen so why worry?
    I am looking forward to your next adventure and wish you the best.

3. Susan says:

man we are going to miss you why are you stopping this?

4. Linda Patton says:

Dearest Helyn,
    I am happy that your (difficult) journey has taken you where you need to be.
    Looking forward to experiencing your new platform come January!
    Happiness and healing in 2021!
    💕Linda

5. Evelyn says:

Thank you for all of your wonderful recipes.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I look forward to your new blog.

6. Carol D. says:

I wish you healing and happiness ❤️

7. JoAnne says:

Wishing you the best in your personal journey. I’ve enjoyed lots of your blogs and look forward to more, if in a different format. Thanks for everything you’ve done.

8. Margaret says:

Thank you for helping me along the plant-based life-style with wonderful recipes and support. I look forward to your new blog. It sounds like you are in a good place now, and I will “see you” next year!

9. Deborah says:

Thank you for your email. As I see you are reaching inwardly, may I offer a very satisfying answer to all life’s problems, especially now. A free website has come to my attention where answers of the deepest and most personal nature can be answered. Please see for yourself. I hope you will find the information helpful and satisfying.

Wishing you the best,

10. Erika says:

Best wishes, Helyn! Have enjoyed your recipes very much, I’ll look forward to the reset and new branding and all. Take good care!

11. Olwyn says:

Looking forward to your new blog- !
    All the very best as you move forward!
    Olwyn

12. Eliza says:

This has been a difficult year for many of us! We as mankind have gotten off track by becoming over focused on the material aspects of our life while neglecting the spiritual. This pandemic is meant to bring us back to what matters and to awaken us to a new level of consciousness – yes, it’s been quite a struggle! I am so glad to hear you have come to a new place and will still be offering us your wonderful gifts! You have been most kind and generous – so appreciated! Looking forward to your new blog! Eliza

13. Mal says:

I wish you the best with new endeavors and I’m very grateful for your guidance and inspiration. I went vegan about 4 1/2 years ago and ultimately went no oil as much as possible. I really believe it’s the future. As corny as it sounds, it can literally save humanity, the planet, and the animals. Cooking and baking without animal products and without added oil is possible and it’s delicious !! Thanks Helyn !! Regards, Mal

14. Gayle says:

Thank you for sharing with us. You have been a great motivation for me in my journey toward healthier living. I look for ward to seeing and being part of your new adventure. Thanks for being willing to share and best to you in the future.

15. sassygirl says:

i loved your website and will miss it very much!
    this year was so different from what all of us
    thought it would be. i hope to hear from you
    on your new blog and wish you all the best!
    deb

16. Devora says:

Helyn/Harmony, I have been following your art for a while, and I see how you are changing your direction. Many thanks for all you have given us in Helyn’s Kitchen. I’m wishing you tons of health and success in your new endeavors. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you so much, Devora. It’s been my pleasure and a true labor of love. Nourishing people is my purpose! xx

17. Lynn says:

Thank you for the great recipes and the heads-up to copy our favorites…. that has kept me busy!
    Many were a “go to” when I needed a recipe to share
    or just something different for us.
    Wishing you a healthy and happy future and looking forward to your new website.

18. Dianne Millman says:

Thanks so much for your incredible recipes and effort to make our lives better. I found you this year and have savored your recipes and spread the word to all my whole food plant-based friends.
    Your presence will be missed. You are a precious jewel!
    Ans, thanks for the heads up!
    May good fortune follow you in your new venture!
    Thanks, Helyn!

19. Elissa says:

I have long used your fruitcake recipe, coming back to it year after year. Thank you for your hard work. And thank you, so much, for giving us the heads up about copying the recipes.

20. Inga says:

Dearest Helyn,

I cannot thank you enough for showing me and my husband the way to health. Years ago, your generous and expert guidance into the world of plant-based living changed our lives for the better, forever! Now, I cannot imagine our kitchen without your recipes, and I am sure my husband would never have embraced plant-based eating without your yummy nacho sauce. We wish you the very best with the next chapter of your life and look forward to seeing what your creative spirit will do next. With love always from both of us.

Dear, sweet Inga! You have been an inspiration for me as well! Your comments and beautiful feedback nourished my soul on this journey. Thanks a million for your support! With love and light… Helyn xx

21. Coll says:

your decadent chocolate donuts are my family’s favorite treat. Thank you for all your beautiful, life-giving posts and recipes!